Wednesday 7 March 2012

Fighting the Gravitational Pull

Good day fellow bloggers! Happy Wednesday!

I am creating this blog-post essentially to fight off slumber. For the sake of professionalism, I will refrain from going into details as to why I am fighting the gravitational pull on my eyelids at 10:55 am. Suffice is to say that I am.

I have had a good time recently work-wise. That little stint appears to have come to an end. Nevertheless it was good while it lasted. It is once again time now to allow the winds of change to carry me along, as I return to my comfortable, albeit unpredictable limbo.

My social-life could be looking up. After the customary uncertainty and deliberation revolving around the new season at the golf club and pontificating as to whether to stump up the cash to allow me the privilege of being a member for another year, I have renewed my membership and I have set about immersing myself in the club culture, competitions and social activities.

I am actually really looking forward to it. My game is in pretty good shape and it will be good to meet up with and have a bit of banter with a variety of different people.

It looks like it is going to cost me a bloody fortune though. The annual subscription has been paid, but add to that weekly competition fees, social contributions, golfing insurance, reciprocal post-round beverages and suddenly I have unleashed a steady flow from my wallet and drain on my bank account.

Oh well, there is nothing like adopting a gung-ho attitude and diving right in. I have spent most of my life refraining from spending money – probably because I have never really had any. If there is one thing for certain, it is that this life is made for living. I am going to meet new people, improve my game and have some fun.

Cool! That did the trick. Almost time for my next lesson.

Yours Golfingly,

Happy Gilmore (aka. “The Bandit”)

No comments:

Post a Comment